Welcome to episode #89 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. I got some good ranting going on here about whether or not Bloggers (and other Social Media types) really do own the brand? I think we should be celebrated and embraced by corporations, but I worry when Consumers start trying to sell stuff related to the brand and how the companies are reacting. It's all live and off the top of my brain from a CarCast. I also dish a little on Apple, the MacBook Air and include my thoughts on Microsoft and their move at Yahoo! Oh, we also talk about must-have Marketing books. Enjoy this conversation...
- Running time: 40:31.
- Audio comment line - please send in a comment and add your voice to the audio community: +1 206-666-6056.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Comments are now live on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Facebook Group - Six Pixels of Separation Podcast Society - please join (we have over 1320 members).
- Check out my other Podcast, Foreword Thinking - The Business And Motivational Book Review Podcast - sponsored by HarperCollins Canada.
- Foreword Thinking - episode #8 is now live and features Deepak Chopra - author of the book, Buddha – A Story of Enlightenment.
- Power Within Halifax - February 26th, 2007 featuring:
- Anthony Robbins.
- Mike Lipkin.
- Loretta LaRoche
- $129 per ticket for the first 200 - this offer is for a limited time to listeners to the Six Pixels of Separation Podcast. All you have to do is call +1-866-POWER-04 extension 229 and ask for Joseph.
- Microsoft and Yahoo! - I don't think they are going after Google... but that's just me.
- What’s on your bookshelf?
- Join The Conversation – Joseph Jaffe.
- Public Speaking For Success – Dale Carnegie.
- The Secret Language of Business – Kevin Hogan.
- The Black Swan - Nassim Nicholas Taleb.
- PodCamp Toronto – February 23rd – 24th – Ryerson University.
- CarCast – Who Owns The Brand? Do you really think Bloggers do?
- Audio Comment - Derrick Kwa - Sui Generis.
- Six Points of Separation – Six Marketing Books You Should Own:
- 1. The Cluetrain Manifesto - The End of Business as Usual by Christopher Locke - Rick Levine - Doc Searls and David Weinberger.
- 2. Life After the 30-Second Spot - Energize Your Brand With a Bold Mix of Alternatives to Traditional Advertising by Joseph Jaffe.
- 3. Purple Cow - Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin.
- 4. Re-imagine - Business Excellence in a Disruptive Age by Tom Peters.
- 5. Waiting For Your Cat to Bark? - Persuading Customers When They Ignore Marketing by Bryan Eisenberg and Jeffrey Eisenberg.
- 6. Presentation Zen – Garr Reynolds.
- Six Pounds of Sound – C.C. Chapman – The Advance Guard, Managing The Gray – Accident Hash.
- Bubble – ‘Deadender’.
Please join the conversation by sending in questions, feedback and ways to improve Six Pixels Of Separation. Please let me know what you think or leave an audio comment at: +1 206-666-6056.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #89 - Host: Mitch Joel.