Here it is: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Mirum Podcast - Episode #557 - Host: Mitch Joel. When the state of media, news, broadcasting and digital channels creates more confusion than better solutions, there are few big brains I'd rather sit and discuss this with than Douglas Rushkoff. Simply put: Douglas Rushkoff makes my brain hurt, because he is so smart. His latest book, Throwing Rocks At The Google Bus, is about to come out on paperback, and it will make your head spin too. Not to be a contrarian for contrarian's sake, this Media Theorist also happens to understand the underpinnings of the news business, politics, economics, and his thinking will startle you. Regardless of where you sit on the political spectrum or how you feel about "fake news" this will make you think deeply. Rushkoff (for those who do not know) is the person responsible for coining terms like 'digital natives', 'social currency' and 'viral media'. If you've never heard of Rushkoff, he's the winner of the Media Ecology Association's first Neil Postman award for Career Achievement in Public Intellectual Activity, he is an author, teacher, and documentarian who focuses on the ways people, cultures, and institutions create, share, and influence each other's values. He is Professor of Media Theory and Digital Economics at CUNY, technology and media commentator for CNN, digital literacy advocate for Codecademy.com and a lecturer on media, technology, culture and economics around the world. If that's not enough, he recently published a graphic novel titled, Aleister & Adolf. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 55:14.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here is my conversation with Douglas Rushkoff.
- Throwing Rocks At The Google Bus.
- Aleister & Adolf.
- Present Shock.
- Program Or Be Programmed.
- Get Back In The Box.
- Join Douglas Rushkoff's mailing list.
- Follow Douglas on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Mirum Podcast - Episode #557 - Host: Mitch Joel.