Welcome to episode #525 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Mirum Podcast. Some know Ryan Holiday as a media strategist, while others know him as a PR machine. Others know him as a speaker, and some know him as a bestselling author. Recently, it seems, Ryan has decided to focus on being a thoughtful non-fiction writer. His efforts have been paying off. His latest book, Ego Is The Enemy, has quickly become a huge bestseller. His last book, The Obstacle Is The Way, exploded as well, as many professional athletes (especially in the NFL) latched on to his modern take on stoicism. It may not seem obvious, but Ryan is looking back on an ancient form of philosophy and modernizing it with amazing insights for people today. How did he make this happen? What do brands (and business professionals) need to know about this? It's important and it matters. What is holding us back? How do we think about ourselves, others and the work that we do? Are social media and technology making us the worst people possible? Ryan's first book was, Trust Me I'm Lying, and his second book was, Growth Hacker Marketing. He's also a contributor to the New York Observer and many more. Many people consider Ryan to be one of the brightest thinkers in business today. I agree. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 57:07.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here is my conversation with Ryan Holiday.
- Ego Is The Enemy.
- The Obstacle Is The Way.
- Growth Hacker Marketing.
- Trust Me I'm Lying.
- Follow Ryan on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
- Get David's song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Mirum Podcast - Episode #525 - Host: Mitch Joel.