Welcome to episode #512 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Mirum Podcast. The technology behind Bitcoin is something called Blockchain. Many think of it as a complex new way that technology works and connects information and value to consumers. Legendary digital thinker, Don Tapscott, believes it's going to change our world - much in the same way that he predicted (back in 1994) that we would have a digital economy. For his latest book, Blockchain Revolution, he teamed up with his son, Alex Tapscott. Don wrote books like Wikinomics, Grown Up Digital, and many more that have become seminal books of our digital culture, and he is an advisor to some of the largest corporations and governments in the world. Alex is the founder of Northwest Passage Ventures. For seven years Alex worked to help entrepreneurs raise hundreds of millions of dollars in capital. He is a passionate advocate for the disruptive potential of new technology. Blockchain Revolution has already been called, "an iconic book for these times," and brings us back to the excitement and opportunities that many felt, when the first web browser was introduced. Is the blockchain revolution the future of creating value or will it fall into the wrong hands? Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 52:54.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here's is my conversation with Don Tapscott and Alex Tapscott.
- Blockchain Revolution.
- Northwest Passage Ventures.
- Follow Don on Twitter.
- Follow Alex on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
- Get David's song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Mirum Podcast - Episode #512 - Host: Mitch Joel.