Welcome to episode #51 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. It was a great week in Vancouver, British Columbia and judging by the audio comments, people are excited to discuss why the academic world is leery of social media. I think you'll be able to make some striking resemblances to the marketing and communications industry. We also continue to deep-dive on the topic of content as media. Enjoy this conversation...
- Running time: 54:40.
- Audio comment line - please send in a comment and add your voice to the audio community: +1 206-666-6056.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Comments are now live on the Blog - www.twistimage.com/blog.
- Canadian Marketing Association - National Convention and Trade Show.
- Monday, May 14th until Wednesday, May 16th, 2007 at the Ottawa Congress Centre.
- Burn The Ships - New World Tactics For Marketers In A Digital World.
- John Wood - Leaving Microsoft To Change The World - Room To Read.
- Don Tapscott - Wikinomics.
- Heath Slawner - Principles of Persuasion Workshop.
- Dave Balter - BzzAgent.
- David Jones - Inside PR.
- IAB Canada - Interactive Advertising Bureau - Social Media Marketing Seminar.
- Montreal (June 11th, 2007) Toronto (June 13th, 2007), Vancouver (June 20th, 2007) and Halifax (June 27th, 2007).
- Cost for this IAB Canada Social Media Marketing full-day seminar is $400 for IAB Members (and $500 for non-members).
- BC AMA - American Marketing Association - Visions 2007 Conference.
- Dennis L. Dunlap - CEO, American Marketing Association - Winning Strategies for Marketers Today.
- Kevin Carroll - The Katalyst Consultancy - Creating a Leading Environment in Work & Play.
- Richard Worzel - Liberating or Lethal - The Future Hangs in the Balance for Marketers.
- Shout-out from The M Show with John Wall.
- Ronin Marketeer.
- Marketing Over Coffee with Christopher S. Penn from The Financial Aid Podcast.
- Audio Comment - Bryan Person - New Comm Road - Bryper.
- Audio Comment - Ryan Jones - Procter And Gamble.
- Audio Comment - Marko Kulik - Pets.ca and Photography.ca.
- Audio Comment - Luis Menendez - LuMen Creative Group.
- Audio Comment - Jared Madden - indimedia.
- Audio Comment - Charles Cadenhead - The Charles Cadenhead Blog - Mostly News - Desperate Husbands - The Higher Education Podcast.
- Audio Comment - Michael Netzley - Singapore Management University - CommunicateAsia.
- Six Points of Separation - Six Ways To Start In Social Media Now:
4. Google News Alerts.
5. Get an iPod.
Please join the conversation by sending in questions, feedback and ways to improve Six Pixels Of Separation. Please let me know what you think or leave an audio comment at: +1 206-666-6056.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #51 - Host: Mitch Joel.