Welcome to episode #425 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast.I got a strange email from James Altucher a while back. It was all about stand-up comedy. He was following my blog (which, kind of made me want to tidy the place up a little bit after knowing that), and he could tell that I am both a fan of standup comedy, and a student of the mechanics behind it. I love everything from how comedians develop jokes, to their biographies to documentaries about the art form, and even watching/listening to them being interviewed (yes, big fan of both Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee and Marc Maron's WTF Podcast). If you don't know James, he is a trader, investor, writer, and entrepreneur. His bio is an impressive one. He's an investor in Buddy Media (which sold to Salesforce.com for about $800 million) as well as bitly. His latest book is called, The Power Of No, and it's a great read. Also, if you're not following his blog, The Altucher Confidential, you don't know what you're missing. James and I begun a dialogue about how important understanding standup comedy can be for business success. And, after several email exchanges and back and forths, I convinced him to come on the show to discuss just how important standup comedy can be for business success. The point is that neither of us are comedians (we wouldn't even claim to be funny), but understanding and appreciating standup comedy is probably something that everyone in business should study, because we both feel that it was an important factor in our professional journeys. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 1:02:03.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- In conversation with James Altucher.
- The Power Of No.
- Follow James on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
- Get David's song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #425 - Host: Mitch Joel.