Welcome to episode #424 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. I was in Silicon Valley last month doing some work with Google. I arrived a day early and spent an afternoon in Palo Alto with Jeremiah Owyang. While he's been on the podcast before to talk about his new business, Crowd Companies, it felt like the perfect timing to reconnect and see just how well brands are working in the collaborative economy. Will hotels be competitive in a world of Airbnb? Will taxi companies adapt to Uber? Is every industry at risk of being disrupted by consumers and new startups who can connect, share and sell to one another in a much more efficient way because of mobile and connected technologies? Ultimately, what we're seeing is that new startups are efficient, and it's forcing brands to be efficient. Will they be up for the challenge? Just how dramatic is this evolution? The former Forrester and Altimeter Group analyst thinks it's going to be bigger than anything we could ever imagine. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 49:52.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- In conversation with Jeremiah Owyang.
- Crowd Companies.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
- Get David's song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #424 - Host: Mitch Joel.