Welcome to episode #419 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper, zesty pickles, and extra chunky tomato sauce. None of these products would exist without Dr. Howard Moskowitz. His work has been immortalized in Malcolm Gladwell's TED Talk, Choice, Happiness And Spaghetti Sauce. The speech familiarized the world with his research on consumer segmentation. This work in horizontal-segmentation helps brands understand that their products should not be hierarchical in a world where different kinds of products suit different kinds of consumers. Now, Moskowitz is pushing his work further with Stephen Rappaport (a former executive for the Advertising Research Foundation and business book author). Their work is looking to help brands rethink their consumer behavior through the science of mind genomics in a specialized area they call cognitive economics. Using robust listening studies mapped against consumer segmentation techniques, they're unearthing fascinating and new consumer intelligence on how consumer behave. Enjoy this very fascinating conversation...
- Running time: 1:01:18.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- In conversation with Dr. Howard Moskowitz and Stephen Rappaport.
- Cognitive Economics.
- Follow Stephen on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
- Get David's song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #419 - Host: Mitch Joel.