Welcome to episode #400 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. For the 400th episode of this podcast series, I wanted to have a serious and in-depth conversation with someone who I consider to be one of the brightest minds when it comes to digital, media and technology. That's Douglas Rushkoff. The timing could not have been more perfect, because he is back with a new documentary that recently aired on Frontline titled, Generation Like. You will be doing yourself a huge disservice if you don't take the time to watch it (it's streaming for free online). Rushkoff's latest book is called, Present Shock, and he has ten-plus other best-selling books on new media and pop culture (including: Program Or Be Programmed, Life Inc., Cyberia, Media Virus, Playing the Future, Nothing Sacred: The Truth about Judaism, Get Back in the Box: Innovation from the Inside Out and Coercion, winner of the Marshall Mcluhan Award for best media book). He does tons of teaching and public speaking, but also makes time to produce and write documentaries like Generation Like (along with The Merchants of Cool, The Persuaders, Digital_Nation). If that weren't enough, Douglas Rushkoff has written two series of graphic novels for Vertigo called, Testament and A.D.D.. I'm always honored that he takes the time to have these types of conversations with me, and we decided to deep dive into some of the bigger themes of this documentary, and what it means to society, as a whole. Lastly, thank you very much for listening to my podcast. I put out these shows, because having these conversations make me better (and hopefully smarter)> The fact that thousands of people - every week - enjoy them right along with me is a true privilege. I'm not one to celebrate milestones and the like, but thank you for being a part of my journey to discover. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 56:45.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- In conversation with Douglas Rushkoff.
- Generation Like.
- Present Shock.
- Follow Douglas on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
- Get David's song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #400 - Host: Mitch Joel.