Welcome to episode #395 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. What do you do for a living? How many times have you been asked that question? If you don't have a nine-to-five job, but are currently trying to build a life that includes some semblance of meaningful work, that question gets even more difficult to answer. It's less about the work that you do, the community that you serve and how you connect with people online and much more about how all of these pieces now come together to create a meaningful life. Few understand the intricacies of this like Pamela Slim. In 2005, she started the Escape From Cubicle Nation blog that quickly spawned a massive bestselling business book of the same name. The award-winning author, business coach, speaker and martial artist (yes, don't mess with her!), recently released her second book, Body Of Work, that is less of a book and much of a workbook around prodding people to question their work and to find points of connection that will - hopefully - help them define, develop and nurture a career that is more meaningful. This ability to understand and develop one's own story is the crux of Body Of Work. It's an important read. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 48:59.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- In conversation with Pamela Slim.
- Body Of Work.
- Escape From Cubicle Nation blog.
- Escape From Cubicle Nation.
- Follow Pamela on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
- Get David's song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #395 - Host: Mitch Joel.