Welcome to episode #392 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. When it comes to technology evangelism, it's hard not to think about people like Shel Israel and Robert Scoble. Together, these two co-authored the book, Naked Conversations - How Blogs Are Changing The Way Businesses Talk With Customers, back in 2006. The book was prescient, and was key in helping brands to better understand the power of blogs and how to actually implement a lot of the thinking that came out of The Cluetrain Manifesto (widely regarded as the starting point of social media). Today, these two journalists, bloggers, authors, tweeters, online publishers (and more) are back with their second book that they've done together titled, Age Of Context - Mobile, Sensors, Data And The Future Of Privacy. The Internet is no longer just a more interactive screen than television. It is everywhere. Technology is moving from screens to devices and that's going to change everything. From connected dishwashers to being able to monitor every nuance of our personal health in real-time. These are both interesting times and confusing times. The Age Of Context breaks down these movements, what they mean and why businesses (and individuals) need to start paying attention to them. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 54:31.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- In conversation with Shel Israel and Robert Scoble.
- The Age Of Context.
- Naked Conversations.
- Follow Shel on Twitter.
- Follow Robert on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
- Get David's song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #392 - Host: Mitch Joel.