Welcome to episode #386 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. Every so often, I get the chance to dive deep into a topic that is of huge (and personal) interest to me. This is one of those episodes. Roy Peter Clark is widely regarded as "America's writing coach." He has a stated desire to create "a nation of writers." He has taught writing to everyone from children to Pulitzer authors at the infamous The Poynter Institute - a school for journalism and writing in Florida. His books are "must-haves" for anyone who is a writer (or for those who have a desire to write). I own almost all of them, including Writing Tools, Help! For Writers (which is also a great mobile app) and his latest, How To Write Short. While some might confuse his latest book as a "how to write for the Twitter era," it is so much more than that. He has more honors from the writing and academic world than I could ever list here, but let's just say that to spend some time with someone who is so highly regarded in the writing world, is a pretty cool thing. So, if you tinker with words, have a desire to be a better writer or toil over what to tweet, this episode is for you. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 42:38.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- In conversation with Roy Peter Clark.
- How To Write Short.
- The Poynter Institute.
- Writing Tools.
- Help! For Writers.
- Follow Roy on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
- Get David's song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #386 - Host: Mitch Joel.