Welcome to episode #383 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. Tom Peters is widely regarded as the individual who brought the concept of personal branding to the masses in a cover story for Fast Company magazine back in 1997 titled, The Brand Called You. This moment started many ancillary businesses as individuals started to become personal branding consultants. This multiplied and grew in magnitude once social media became pervasive. Suddenly, everyone could be a media producer and a content creator (for free and with access to a global audience). What we wound up with was a bunch of suspicious individuals and a fleet of snake oil salespeople. Thankfully, we have people like William Arruda who get it right. He writes, he speaks but most importantly, he does the real work. He doesn't just talk about personal branding as a way to build his own brand, he teachers leaders and major organizations about the merits of investing in people and helping those people to be their best. I've been following his work for close to a decade, so it was a pleasure to finally get him on the podcast. Enjoy the conversation.
- Running time: 36:41.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- In conversation with William Arruda.
- Reach Personal Branding.
- Career Distinction.
- Ditch, Dare, Do: 3D Personal Branding for Executives.
- Follow William on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
- Get David's song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #383 - Host: Mitch Joel.