Welcome to episode #377 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. Marc Ecko is one of the most fascinating people that I have ever met. I was asked to interview him live and onstage in Toronto earlier this year. I knew that he was the creative and fashion genius behind Eckō Unltd. (which has become a billion dollar fashion and lifestyle company). I also knew that his marketing antics have been well documented (remember the tagging of Air Force One?). I figured that I was going to meet an older gentleman in their late fifties (like a Tommy Hilfiger or Kenneth Cole type of persona). It turns out that Ecko and I are almost the exact same age (I need to start working harder!). Ecko is still semi-actively involved in the multiple fashion brands that he created (Eckored, Marc Ecko Cut & Sew and Zoo York), but spends the bulk of his current time working on Complex Media. As if that's not enough, he is one of the most generous philanthropists out there, and recently released a stunning business book called, Unlabel - Selling You Without Selling Out. He is, simply put, an amazing individual who is very real, practical and friendly. Enjoy our conversation...
- Running time: 46:46.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- In conversation with Marc Ecko.
- Complex Media.
- Ecko Unltd.
- Follow Marc on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
- Get David's song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #377 - Host: Mitch Joel.