Welcome to episode #361 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. Brands are pushing hard on social media. All too often, they will complain that social media doesn't work or Facebook advertising doesn't work. In short, they're missing the point. Social media is not a catch-all for marketing and advertising that will cure what ails the aching brand. Nobody knows this better than the founder and CEO of Monetate, David Brussin. Monetate is an amazing marketing optimization platform that has taken the e-commerce world by storm. I've been friends with Brussin since the early days of the company. They've been releasing their EQ Report (E-commrce Quarterly) for some time. The latest edition was recently published and, along with Jay Baer (Convince And Convert and the author of the soon-to-be-published book, Youtility), I was asked to editorialize on the data. In short, social media does not drive to sales... but it kinda does. Confused? Don't be. Take a listen and enjoy the conversation between Brussin, Baer and me...
- Running time: 44:18.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- In conversation with David Brussin and Jay Baer.
- Monetate EQ Report.
- Convince And Convert.
- The Now Revolution (co-authored with Amber Naslund).
- Follow Jay on Twitter.
- Follow David on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
- Get David's song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #361 - Host: Mitch Joel.