Welcome to episode #355 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. When I was a kid, I got into martial arts. Along with taking a more traditional form of Kung Fu, I stumbled into training on a fairly regular basis with Tony Blauer. Tony's approach was always very different and eclectic. Instead of focusing on forms and traditions, he believed in doing the physiological things that your body could best do (use what works, toss the rest). On top of that, the majority of his training (which you could say is a mixture of self defense, street fighting and close quarter combatives) spent a good chunk of the time talking about how we react and deal with our fear on a psychological level. How the vast majority of confrontations are not won or lost by the physical part, but rather in the mind... long before the fight ever happens. Having worked with Tony for years, there was a time when I was a certified coach in his system and would teach classes and seminars with him (and on his behalf). None of the training that I have done with Tony has ever left me. I think about it daily and apply the vast majority of his thinking to my work - with each and every passing day. I was thankful that Tony agreed to come on the show and talk about fear, managing confidence, performance and more. Since those days, Tony has moved to San Diego and is currently one of the world's leading close quarter combative instructors who has worked with everyone from civilians, military and law enforcement to UFC champions and celebrities. A celebrity in the world of martial arts, Tony is one of the smartest human beings I have ever had the pleasure of calling a true friend. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 1:01:49.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete comes out May 21st, 2013.
- In conversation with Tony Blauer.
- Follow Tony on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
- Get David's song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #355 - Host: Mitch Joel.