Welcome to episode #351 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. Every week (on Saturday), the blog hosts a link exchange between Hugh McGuire (PressBooks, Librivox, etc...), Alistair Croll (BitCurrent, Year One Labs, GigaOM, Human 2.0, Solve For Interesting, the author of Complete Web Monitoring, Managing Bandwidth: Deploying QOS in Enterprise Networks, etc...), and me. It wasn't a random selection of people. I chose Hugh and Alistair because they come from diverse backgrounds and are people who - no matter what the occasion - keep me on my intellectual toes. In short, these two are too smart for their own good, and hanging out with them makes me want to learn more and do more and be smarter. Alistair has had a fascinating career. Most recently, he co-authored a book called, Lean Analytics - Use Data To Build A Better Startup Faster, with Ben Yoskovitz. In this episode, we debunk the whole "lean" model and discuss what data is useful and what data is clouding our judgment. I hope you learn as much as I did from this chat. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 50:19.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete comes out on May 21st, 2013.
- In conversation with Alistair Croll.
- Lean Analytics.
- Year One Labs.
- Human 2.0.
- Solve For Interesting.
- Complete Web Monitoring, Managing Bandwidth: Deploying QOS in Enterprise Networks.
- Follow Alistair on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
- Get David's song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #351 - Host: Mitch Joel.