Welcome to episode #332 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. There are few kinder people than Mark Miller. I had the pleasure of meeting Mark many years ago at my first TED conference. I didn't know anyone (and this can make it kind of awkward) and Mark was always kind, welcoming and willing to invite anyone and everyone into a conversation. I think I leaned on that kindness more than I should have at that first event, and over the years I would look forward to running into him at every TED. Mark is the author of three excellent books on leadership titled, Great Leaders Grow (his latest), The Secret Of Teams and The Secret. With each of these books, Mark worked (at varying levels) with Ken Blanchard (master author of books like, The One Minute Manager, Who Moved My Cheese?, Raving Fans and many more). I had been chomping at the bit to chat with Mark about his thoughts on what it takes to be a great leader. Mark is also the Vice President of Organizational Effectiveness at chick-fil-a. Our chat finally happened and the timing was, somewhat awkward. Chick-fil-a had created a firestorm when their COO, Dan Cathy, made several public statements about his thoughts on same sex marriage. Being who I am, I had to ask Mark about this as well. For the record: I am all for two things: happiness and peace. If two people want to be together and love each other, I don't care who they are (or what they are), so long as they are adding more happiness and peace to the world. This podcast (and the blog) are never political, so I did my best to navigate the issue. I hope I both didn't let any of the regular listeners down while, at the same time, respecting and honoring my friendship and admiration for the way Mark thinks about business and leadership. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 48:09.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT DEL is coming in Spring 2013.
- In conversation with Mark Miller.
- Great Leaders Grow.
- The Secret of Teams.
- The Secret.
- Mark's blog: Great Leaders Serve.
- Follow Mark on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
- Get David's song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #332 - Host: Mitch Joel.