Welcome to episode #324 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. When you publish a book called, Social Media Is Bullshit, it is bound to get some attention (and, some dirty looks, I'm sure). B.J. Mendelson (also known as Brandon) doesn't hold any punches in this book. He says that, "we live in a world where it's far easier to make money telling people how to get rich using the Internet than it is to actually get rich using it." Is Brandon wrong? It's not so cut and dry. On one hand, we do live in a world where any one individual can get a whole bunch of followers and suddenly proclaim themselves as some kind of wizard, but - on the other hand - it's hard to imagine that Brandon would have been as attractive to a traditional book publisher if he didn't have close to 800,000 followers on Twitter. Which, in and of itself, is a part of the issues and challenges that we discuss in this episode. Ultimately, the truth may come when Brandon shuts down all of his social media outposts, and can still sell books and create a viable business without them. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 50:28.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT DEL is coming in Spring 2013.
- In conversation with B.J. Mendelson.
- Social Media Is Bullshit.
- Follow B.J. on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #324 - Host: Mitch Joel.