Welcome to episode #315 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. Julien Smith (co-author of Trust Agents with Chris Brogan and the author of The Flinch) was downright mad at me. We have lunch on a frequent basis and we're constantly slamming ideas and names at one another. It makes for a lively conversation. The other week, he was downright disgusted with me because I had never met Chris Guillebeau. Chris is the author of The Art Of Non-Conformity - Set Your Own Rules, Live The Life You Want And Change The World and the recently published, The $100 Startup - Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future, which became an instant bestseller. Along with that, he's the co-organizer of what is quickly becoming one of the "go to" events for those trying to create a remarkable life in a very conventional world called, World Domination Summit (which took place at the beginning of this month in Portland, Oregon). This idea of non-conformity and unconventionalism is a theme that binds Chris' life. He's about to turn 35 and complete his personal journey of visiting every country on earth (out of close to 200, he has a mere 8 to go). While he's never had a "day job," he seems to be doing just fine owning, operating and executing on many micro-businesses. He explains that his entrepreneurial history has ranged from importing coffee from Jamaica, search engine optimization in its early days, Google Adwords and Adsense arbitrage, to building a small publishing company while volunteering in Africa. He now writes and sells a product he calls, Unconventional Guides. Simply put, he's a fascinating individuals with many business lessons that we could all learn from. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 46:09.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT DEL is coming in Spring 2013.
- In conversation with Chris Guillebeau.
- The Art of Non-Conformity.
- The $100 Startup.
- World Domination Summit.
- Unconventional Guides.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
- Get David's song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #315 - Host: Mitch Joel.