Welcome to episode #298 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. We used to watch TV at night and discuss it the next day around the water cooler at work. Thanks to Social Media it's becoming increasingly more popular to share those magical TV moments on places like Facebook and Twitter while you're watching the show. The problem is that now with time-shifting and more and more people watching their favorite TV shows by downloading them from iTunes or watching them on Hulu, it's becoming abundantly clear that TV is becoming a very different medium. In their new book, Social TV - How Marketers Can Reach and Engage Audiences by Connecting Television to the Web, Social Media, and Mobile, marketing and communications professionals Mike Proulx and Stacey Shepatin from Hill Holliday look at the fascinating new world of TV and its convergence with Social Media. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 36:53.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #41 of Media Hacks is coming soon and it might feature:
- Chris Brogan - New Marketing Labs - Co-author of Trust Agents, Man On The Go, Human Business Works, Third Tribe Marketing and Escape Velocity.
- C.C. Chapman - Managing The Gray - Digital Dads - Content Rules.
- Hugh McGuire - LibriVox - iambik audio - PressBooks.
- Christopher S. Penn - Blue Sky Factory - Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith - In Over Your Head - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- In conversation with Mike Proulx and Stacey Shepatin.
- Hill Holiday.
- Social TV.
- Follow Mike on Twitter.
- Follow Stacey on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #298 - Host: Mitch Joel.