Welcome to episode #296 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. I picked up the business book, The Art of the Pitch - Persuasion and Presentation Skills That Win Business, by Peter Coughter and could not put it down. My agency, Twist Image, was in the midst of a massive new business pitch and the book happened to fall into my lap at the perfect time. I devoured and loved the book. I learned a ton about the new business pitch process, and Coughter does a fantastic job of reframing what, exactly, needs to happen when a company pitches. The good news is that we won the business. The better news is that Coughter agreed to have a chat with me about his book and how to win new business. For over twenty years, Coughter was President of Siddall, Matus & Coughter Inc., one of the most respected advertising and communications agencies in the Southeast. His agency won industry awards and recognition from places like the American Marketing Association, One Show, Clios, Communications Arts, and many others. Today, he is a professor at Virginia Commonwealth University's Brandcenter, and to support his teaching habit, he spends a lot of time on the road working with organizations - from all walks of life - helping them to learn how to sell their ideas better. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 45:44.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #41 of Media Hacks is coming soon and it might feature:
- Chris Brogan - New Marketing Labs - Co-author of Trust Agents, Man On The Go, Human Business Works, Third Tribe Marketing and Escape Velocity.
- C.C. Chapman - Managing The Gray - Digital Dads - Content Rules.
- Hugh McGuire - LibriVox - iambik audio - PressBooks.
- Christopher S. Penn - Blue Sky Factory - Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith - In Over Your Head - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- In conversation with Peter Coughter.
- The Art of The Pitch.
- Siddall, Matus & Coughter.
- Follow Peter on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #296 - Host: Mitch Joel.