Welcome to episode #287 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. Why do most PR pitches suck? For the most part it has to do with the fact that they are either not focused or there is no relationship between the PR professional and the media outlet. It's a cold, dark and harsh world out there and Public Relations - as an industry - is also going through both a digitization and a brave new world where everyone is (or can be) a publisher. They very fabric of what it means to be a communications professional is changing, adapting and morphing. Leading this charge/change is Gini Dietrich. Gini Blog at Spin Sucks, is the founder and CEO of Arment Dietrich and is co-host of the very popular PR Podcast, Inside PR. As if that weren't enough, she has begun to create and launch products at Spin Sucks Pro and is about to launch a book called, Marketing In The Round, that she co-authored with Geoff Livingston. In this episode we attack and deconstruct everything from pitching Bloggers to the value of community and the changing face of communications. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 48:38.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #41 of Media Hacks is coming soon and it might feature:
- Chris Brogan - New Marketing Labs - Co-author of Trust Agents, Man On The Go, Human Business Works, Third Tribe Marketing and Escape Velocity.
- C.C. Chapman - Managing The Gray - Digital Dads - Content Rules.
- Hugh McGuire - LibriVox - iambik audio - PressBooks.
- Christopher S. Penn - Blue Sky Factory - Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith - In Over Your Head - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- In conversation with: Gini Dietrich.
- Arment Dietrich.
- Spin Sucks.
- Spin Sucks Pro.
- Inside PR.
- Marketing In The Round.
- Follow Gini on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #287 - Host: Mitch Joel.