Welcome to episode #274 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. Think about some of the most iconic bands in the history of rock n' roll. It can be anybody and everybody from U2 and the Grateful Dead to KISS and AC/DC. While the guitar riffs stick in our brains like gum on hot cement, there's something more powerful happening beneath the surface: these rock bands are all amazing brands. The true embodiment of a great brand can be defined by seeing the cult-like affection that raving fans have for their favorite bands. This concept pushed music industry veteran, Steve Jones, to write the book, Brand Like A Rock Star. The truth is that most brands probably don't emote the same kind of feelings that some of our most favorite rock bands give us, but there are some key lessons that every brand can learn from our favorite brands. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 31:37.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #40 of Media Hacks is coming soon and it might feature:
- Chris Brogan - New Marketing Labs - Co-author of Trust Agents, Man On The Go, Human Business Works, Third Tribe Marketing and Escape Velocity.
- C.C. Chapman - Managing The Gray - Digital Dads - Content Rules.
- Hugh McGuire - LibriVox - iambik audio - PressBooks.
- Christopher S. Penn - Blue Sky Factory - Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith - In Over Your Head - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- In conversation with Steve Jones.
- His book: Brand Like A Rock Star.
- Follow Steve on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #274 - Host: Mitch Joel.