Welcome to episode #265 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. My professional career started off in Journalism (this was prior to becoming both a Publisher and Marketer), so yes, I have a soft spot for all things Journalism. There's also an important link between Journalism and Marketing. There are few who are looking at Journalism and the New Media with a sharper eye than Jay Rosen. I'm a huge fan. Rosen teaches journalism at New York University, where he has been on the faculty since 1986. He is the author of PressThink, a blog about journalism's ordeals in the age of the Web, which he launched in 2003. In 1999, Yale University Press published his book, What Are Journalists For?, which was about the rise of the civic journalism movement. In July 2006 he announced the debut NewAssignment.net, his experimental site for pro-am, open source reporting projects. The first one was called Assignment Zero, a collaboration with Wired. A second project was OffTheBus with The Huffington Post, for which he served as co-publisher with Arianna Huffington. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 44:43.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- I'm even on Google +!
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #39 of Media Hacks is coming soon and it might feature:
- Chris Brogan - New Marketing Labs - Co-author of Trust Agents, Man On The Go, Human Business Works, Third Tribe Marketing and Escape Velocity.
- C.C. Chapman - Managing The Gray - Digital Dads - Content Rules.
- Hugh McGuire - LibriVox - iambik audio - PressBooks.
- Christopher S. Penn - Blue Sky Factory - Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith - In Over Your Head - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- In conversation with Jay Rosen.
- Jay's Blog is PressThink.
- HIs book is called, What Are Journalists For?
- If you're not following Jay on Twitter, you are really missing out.
- This weeks music: David Usher.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #265 - Host: Mitch Joel.