Welcome to episode #252 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. Stephen Rappaport works as the Knowledge Solutions Director for the ARF (Advertising Research Foundation). I first heard about Steve when he co-authored the 2007 business book, The Online Advertising Playbook - Proven Strategies and Tested Tactics from the Advertising Research Foundation. He's back with his latest book, Listen First! - Turning Social Media Conversations Into Business Advantage. This is not just another Social Media book. From, Steve's bio: "Listen First! draws upon my decades of experience in listening for market research and for creating listening-based business strategy, services and companies. Listening grabbed me in academia, where I had the good fortune to train under a number of distinguished professors who pioneered media content analysis, and then brought that to business to include in my toolkit for consumer and B2B research, strategy and planning." We often tell brands that they have to listen first, but Steve breaks it down into a much more functional and strategic imperative. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 46:01.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Look for episode #38 of Media Hacks coming soon and it might feature:
- Chris Brogan - New Marketing Labs - Co-author of Trust Agents, Man On The Go, Human Business Works, Third Tribe Marketing and Escape Velocity.
- C.C. Chapman - Managing The Gray - Digital Dads - Content Rules.
- Hugh McGuire - LibriVox - iambik audio - PressBooks.
- Christopher S. Penn - Blue Sky Factory - Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith - In Over Your Head - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- In conversation with Stephen Rappaport from the ARF (Advertising Research Foundation).
- co-author of, The Online Advertising Playbook.
- His latest book is called, Listen First!
- This weeks music? Well, that's a surprise!
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #252 - Host: Mitch Joel.