Welcome to episode #246 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. When I first got interested in online marketing, there were only a handful of others you could turn to for serious professional advice. Along with Bryan Eisenberg and Joseph Jaffe, Ian Schafer was another one of the key people who played an integral part in the evolution of Digital Marketing. Currently, Schafer is the CEO and Founder of Deep Focus - an engagement and innovation marketing agency. Prior to founding Deep Focus in 2002, Schafer was VP of the New Media division of Miramax Films. Named a "Media Maven" by Advertising Age and one of Adweek's "Young Ones", Ian has been featured in Wired, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and many more publications. We've been friends for a while and realized that on the eve of sharing the stage at the upcoming Socialize event by Media Bistro in New York City (March 31st - April 1st, 2011), it is high time that we recorded a conversation about Marketing, and how companies should strive to get more out of it. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 47:57.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #37 of Media Hacks will happen soon and it might feature (yes, I'm still holding out hope!):
- Chris Brogan - New Marketing Labs - Co-author of Trust Agents, Man On The Go, Human Business Works, Third Tribe Marketing and Escape Velocity.
- C.C. Chapman - Managing The Gray - Digital Dads - Content Rules.
- Hugh McGuire - LibriVox - iambik audio.
- Christopher S. Penn - Blue Sky Factory - Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith - In Over Your Head - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- In conversation with Ian Schafer from Deep Focus.
- Media Bistro's Socialize - Monetizing Social Media.
- You can also follow Ian on Twitter.
- This weeks music? Well, that's a surprise!
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #246 - Host: Mitch Joel.