Welcome to episode #243 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. Seth Godin is a national treasure. He's more than a Marketer's Marketer, he is a business thought-leader and change agent. This past week marked a new chapter in Godin's dynamic career. Rather than take a handsome advance from a major book publisher, the best-selling business book author (each of his 13 published books have been best-sellers and collectively have been translated into more than 30 languages), published his latest effort, Poke The Box, on his own book publishing imprint, The Domino Project (powered by Amazon). Godin is also a professional speaker (he was named one of the top 21 speakers for the 21st century by Successful Meetings Magazine) and entrepreneur (Godin was the founder of interactive marketing company Yoyodyne, which Yahoo acquired in 1998). He currently runs Squidoo.com along with The Domino Project. BusinessWeek magazine called him, "the ultimate entrepreneur for the Information Age," and if you have not read such books as Purple Cow, Permission Marketing, The Dip, Tribes and Linchpin, you are doing a disservice to your professional development and the evolution of your business. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 41:44.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #37 of Media Hacks will happen soon and it might feature (yes, I'm still holding out hope!):
- Chris Brogan - New Marketing Labs - Co-author of Trust Agents, Man On The Go, Human Business Works, Third Tribe Marketing and Escape Velocity.
- C.C. Chapman - Managing The Gray - Digital Dads - Content Rules.
- Hugh McGuire - LibriVox - iambik audio.
- Christopher S. Penn - Blue Sky Factory - Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith - In Over Your Head - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- In conversation with Seth Godin.
- Seth's latest book is called, Poke The Box.
- Poke The Box is the first business book from his new book publishing venture, The Domino Project (powered by Amazon).
- Seth writes the best business books out there. You can find them all right here. They're all great (seriously).
- If you don't follow Seth's Blog, you're really missing out!
- This weeks music? Well, that's a surprise!
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #243 - Host: Mitch Joel.