Welcome to episode #240 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. Stephen Baker has written two amazingly fascinating business book. His latest is titled, Final Jeopardy - Man vs. Machine and the Quest to Know Everything. Starting tomorrow (February 14th, 2011) there will be a special TV event titled, Jeopardy - The IBM Challenge. In these three episodes, IBM's latest supercomputer, Watson, will challenge two of Jeopardy's biggest champions. Who is smarter? Man or machine? have we come to the point in time where artificial intelligence is truly a reality? Baker had unprecedented access to IBM and their development team. It truly is an incredible story for the ages. Baker is also the author of The Numerati and was a former senior editor at BusinessWeek who also helped launched Blogspotting. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 39:19.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #37 of Media Hacks will happen soon and it might feature:
- Chris Brogan - New Marketing Labs - Co-author of Trust Agents, Man On The Go, Human Business Works, Third Tribe Marketing and Escape Velocity.
- C.C. Chapman - Managing The Gray - Digital Dads - Content Rules.
- Hugh McGuire - LibriVox - iambik audio.
- Christopher S. Penn - Blue Sky Factory - Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith - In Over Your Head - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- Can computers programmed by humans outsmart humans?
- Can computers really think?
- In conversation with Stephen Baker.
- Stephen's latest book is called, Final Jeopardy, and it's based on IBM's new supercomputer, Watson.
- Watson will be challenging two of Jeopardy's best champions in a three-part TV series event titled, Jeopardy - The IBM Challenge, starting February 14th, 2011.
- Check out Stephen's other book, The Numerati
- Remember the amazing BusinessWeek Blog, Blogspotting? That was Stephen too (along with Heather Green).
- You can also follow Stephen on Twitter.
- This weeks music? Well, that's a surprise!
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #240 - Host: Mitch Joel.