Welcome to episode #229 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. I don't think you should follow back everyone on Twitter who decides to follow you. It didn't seem like a big deal to say it. It turns out it was. Mark W. Schaefer (over at Grow) had a great Blog post titled, Bringing Down The Twitter Snobs, that ran contrary to a post I had published titled, Being A Twitter Snob Is A Good Thing. It's not the first time we've had discourse over a hot topic (in fact, we debated Ghost Blogging right here: SPOS #214 - The Ghost Blogging Debate With Mark W. Schaefer). I like debating Mark. He's not a Social Media Guru - and you know the kind of "guru" I am talking about. He's a professional and an educator with real experience and a great perspective on all things Marketing and Communications. As you can tell by the comments on both of our Blog posts, this is a hot topic. We decided to take the gloves off and discuss it, right here. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 44:58.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #37 of Media Hacks will happen soon and it might feature:
- Chris Brogan - New Marketing Labs - Co-author of Trust Agents, Man On The Go, Human Business Works, Third Tribe Marketing and Escape Velocity.
- C.C. Chapman - Managing The Gray - Digital Dads - Content Rules.
- Hugh McGuire - LibriVox - iambik audio.
- Christopher S. Penn - Blue Sky Factory - Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith - In Over Your Head - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- Mark W. Schaefer over at Grow had a great post titled, Bringing Down The Twitter Snobs.
- Mark's post had a reference to a Blog post of mine titled, Being A Twitter Snob Is A Good Thing.
- In fact, his post was so good, that it caused some great conversation in the comment section on both of our Blogs.
- From there, we figured that it would be best to debate and discuss our discourse about Twitter right here.
- This is our conversation/debate/agreement/hope for the future.
- This week's music: David Usher (with Marie Mai) - 'Je Repars' (in French).
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #229 - Host: Mitch Joel.