Welcome to episode #219 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. David Meerman Scott has become a Marketing and Communications juggernaut. His Blog, Web Ink Now, is one of the most popular Marketing Blogs in the world, he is a highly regarded speaker, and is the author of the best-selling business books, The New Rules of Marketing and PR and World Wide Rave. He recently teamed up with Hubspot CEO, Brian Halligan, and released a new business book, Marketing Lessons From the Grateful Dead - What Every Business Can Learn From the Most Iconic Band in History. While it may not be a great idea to drink the green Kool-Aid at the corporate picnic, it turns out there are many lessons businesses can learn from how the legendary rock band built its audience, changed its business model and turned people from reasonable human beings into diehard Deadheads. And yes, this chat with David is all about marketing, marketing, marketing. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 42:24.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #36 of Media Hacks will be happening soon and it might feature:
- Chris Brogan - New Marketing Labs - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- C.C. Chapman - Managing The Gray - Digital Dads - Content Rules.
- Hugh McGuire - LibriVox - Bite-Sized Edits - The Book Oven.
- Christopher S. Penn - Blue Sky Factory - Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith - In Over Your Head - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- In conversation with David Meerman Scott.
- Author of...
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR.
- World Wide Rave.
- and his latest, Marketing Lessons From The Grateful Dead, which he co-authored with Brian Halligan (CEO of Hubspot).
- Grateful Dead.
- You can follow David on Twitter here: David Meerman Scott.
- He also has some great (and free) ebooks.
- David Usher - 'Kill The Lights'.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #219 - Host: Mitch Joel.