Welcome to episode #217 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. Joseph Jaffe is widely regarded as one of the top Marketing Bloggers (Jaffe Juice) and Podcasters (both Jaffe Juice in audio and Jaffe Juice TV in video). He is the author of three excellent books (Life After The 30-Second Spot, Join The Conversation and the newly minted, Flip The Funnel). Along with that, he is currently one of the chiefs over at the Social Media Marketing agency, Powered. A long-time friend (and one of the main inspirations behind the Six Pixels of Separation Blog and Podcast), we've decided to hold monthly conversations, debates and back-and-forths that will dive a little deeper into the Digital Marketing and Social Media landscape. This is our eight conversation (or, as I like to affectionately call it, Across The Sound 8.20), and this one focuses on the if we're really having any semblance of a conversation at all in Social Media, or if Marketers have done a great job of selling the invisible (once again). Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 1:06:49.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #35 of Media Hacks is coming soon and it might feature:
- Chris Brogan - New Marketing Labs - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- C.C. Chapman - Managing The Gray - Digital Dads.
- Hugh McGuire - LibriVox - Bite-Sized Edits - The Book Oven.
- Christopher S. Penn - Blue Sky Factory - Marketing Over Coffee.
- Here's the Jaffe vs. Joel debate on the truth behind the conversation in Social Media.
- Some good pre-reading on this:
- The End Of Conversation In Social Media.
- Comments And Conversations.
- The conversation doesn't suck; you do!
- Proposal: A new kind of blog comment system (via Dave Winer).
- Buzz Kill (via Leo Laporte).
- I have officially changed the name of this show to Across The Sound (with or without Jaffe's permission ;)
- Jaffe Juice.
- Jaffe Juice TV.
- Life After The 30-Second Spot.
- Join The Conversation.
- Flip The Funnel.
- David Usher (with Marie Mai) - 'Je Repars' (in French).
Please join the conversation by sending in questions, feedback and ways to improve Six Pixels Of Separation. Please let me know what you think or leave an audio comment at: +1 206-666-6056.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #217 - Host: Mitch Joel.