Welcome to episode #214 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. If there's one debate that never gets tired, it's the one about Ghost Blogging. We've come to this strange intersection with Social Media where companies want to Blog, but they feel like their CEO (or others within the company) would best be served if that voice was created by a ghost writer. It's an issue that irritates me because I don't agree with it, but I do understand why businesses do it (hence my frustration). Mark W. Schaefer (over at Grow) had a great Blog post titled, Why It's Ridiculous To Argue About Ghost Blogging, that ran contrary to a post I had published titled, The Death of Social Media (which focused on executives now hiring individuals to tweet for them on Twitter). While the comments and conversations were/are fantastic, we decided to have a Skype chat/debate about the topic. Here it is. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 41:21.
- Audio comment line - please send in a comment and add your voice to the audio community: +1 206-666-6056.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- In a perfect world, connect with me, directly, through Facebook.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #34 of Media Hacks will happen soon and it will feature (hopefully):
- Chris Brogan - New Marketing Labs - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- C.C. Chapman - Managing The Gray - Digital Dads.
- Hugh McGuire - LibriVox - Bite-Sized Edits - The Book Oven.
- Christopher S. Penn - Blue Sky Factory - Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith - In Over Your Head - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- Mark W. Schaefer over at Grow had a great post titled, Why it's ridiculous to argue about ghost blogging.
- Mark's post had a reference to a Blog post of mine titled, The Death Of Social Media.
- In fact, his post was so good, that it caused some great conversation in the comment section.
- From there, we figured that this horse has been beaten to death, but why not break out the old chestnut again?
- This is our conversation/debate/agreement/hope for the future.
- David Usher (with Marie Mai) - 'Je Repars' (in French).
Please join the conversation by sending in questions, feedback and ways to improve Six Pixels Of Separation. Please let me know what you think or leave an audio comment at: +1 206-666-6056.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #214 - Host: Mitch Joel.