Welcome to episode #200 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. Few people have set the intertubes on fire as much as Gary Vaynerchuk. It's the story that legends are made of. Starting out with a very real/human video Podcast called, Wine Library TV, Vaynerchuk converted his families' New Jersey liquor store into a passionate brand by connecting the many Social Media channels (and turned millions of dollars in profit along the way). In being a very raw and candid online personality, the popularity of Wine Library TV turned Vaynerchuk into a household name. He's currently promoting his first business book (a New York Times best-seller), Crush It, while launching his own marketing agency, Vayner Media. Along with that, he's become a serial entrepreneur launching many unique projects and investing in online start-ups like Gowalla (and others). His passion is as intoxicating as the wine he sells. Vaynerchuk is a personal branding juggernaut as well (he has over 800,000 people following him on Twitter). In this episode we discuss the new marketing landscape, the realities of the new marketplace, personal branding, the future of Facebook, if brands can win with Social Media, and the biggest question: can he scale it? Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 33:48.
- Audio comment line - please send in a comment and add your voice to the audio community: +1 206-666-6056.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Facebook Group - Six Pixels of Separation Podcast Society.
- In a perfect world, connect with me, directly, through Facebook.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #28 of Media Hacks is coming soon (I hope!) and it features:
- Chris Brogan - New Marketing Labs - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- C.C. Chapman - Managing The Gray - Campfire.
- Hugh McGuire - LibriVox - Bite-Sized Edits - The Book Oven.
- Christopher S. Penn - Blue Sky Factory - Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith - In Over Your Head - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- In conversation with the one and only, Gary Vaynerchuk live from Oslo, Norway.
- Wine Library TV.
- Crush It - the book.
- Vayner Media.
- Cinderella Wine.
- The Golden Tag - Gulltaggen 2010.
- John Mayer on Twitter and Tumblr.
- David Usher - ' Kill The Lights'.
Please join the conversation by sending in questions, feedback and ways to improve Six Pixels Of Separation. Please let me know what you think or leave an audio comment at: +1 206-666-6056.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #200 - Host: Mitch Joel.