Without question, Sally Hogshead is one of the most fascinating women in Marketing today. Scratch that, Hogshead is one of the most fascinating person in Marketing today. It then makes perfect sense that her latest book is titled, Fascinate, and it explores the seven universal triggers for persuasion and captivation (it also happens to be one of the best business books to have come out this year). But Hogshead is much more than a best-selling business book author and speaker. In her second year of advertising, Sally won more awards than any other copywriter in the U.S., and was described as "the most successful junior copywriter of all time." After working at Wieden + Kennedy and Fallon McElligott, by age 27 she'd opened her first ad agency, with clients such as Target and Remy Martin. Three years later, she opened the West Coast office of Crispin Porter + Bogusky as Creative Director/Managing Director. In this episode we discuss her new book and what Marketers need to know to fascinate their audience. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 39:29.
- Audio comment line - please send in a comment and add your voice to the audio community: +1 206-666-6056.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Facebook Group - Six Pixels of Separation Podcast Society.
- In a perfect world, connect with me, directly, through Facebook.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #28 of Media Hacks is coming soon and it features:
- Chris Brogan - New Marketing Labs - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- C.C. Chapman - Managing The Gray - Campfire.
- Hugh McGuire - LibriVox - Bite-Sized Edits - The Book Oven.
- Christopher S. Penn - Blue Sky Factory - Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith - In Over Your Head - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- In conversation with Sally Hogshead.
- Author of Radical Careering. Which you can grab for free here: Radical Careering Free!
- Author of the recently released, Fascinate.
- The Shakes - 'Liberty Jones'.
Please join the conversation by sending in questions, feedback and ways to improve Six Pixels Of Separation. Please let me know what you think or leave an audio comment at: +1 206-666-6056.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #197 - Host: Mitch Joel.