Welcome to episode #169 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. Two of the regular co-hosts of Media Hacks are Chris Brogan and Julien Smith. After meeting at the first PodCamp Boston, the two decided to write a book together. The result is Trust Agents. The book - which was released this week - made it to the New York Times' best-seller's list. Not only are we all very proud of the co-authors, but we decided to spend the bulk of this episode discussing and dissecting the concepts in Trust Agents. We also wish C.C. Chapman tons of continued success on his recent news (you have to listen to hear what it is). Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 42:26.
- Audio comment line - please send in a comment and add your voice to the audio community: +1 206-666-6056.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Facebook Group - Six Pixels of Separation Podcast Society.
- In a perfect world, connect with me, directly, through Facebook.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Media Hacks #16 featuring:
- Chris Brogan - New Marketing Labs - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- C.C. Chapman - Managing The Gray - Advance Guard.
- Christopher S. Penn - The Financial Aid Podcast - Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith - In Over Your Head - Co-author of Trust Agents.
- Not present:
- Hugh McGuire - LibriVox - The Book Oven.
- A conversation about the New York Times' best-selling book, Trust Agents - we are proud of our co-hosts.
- How does a best-selling book happen? Turns out that none of us know.
- The power of Social Proof.
- Astroturfing and book reviews.
- Penn believes that no product is perfect.
- The power of peer reviews (even the negative ones).
- Why don't people buy the book just because they support what you do?
- The power of leverage.
- When something is free... it is hard to get them to pay for anything.
- The best-selling book is big, but so is C.C. Chapman's news.
- Create your own game.
- Does big business care about trust?
- Greed is good... or different.
- Let the automation begin.
- RSS subscription is almost as good as someone else's recommendation.
- Buy the book Trust Agents because according to Penn we may need it to heat our homes.
Please join the conversation by sending in questions, feedback and ways to improve Six Pixels Of Separation. Please let me know what you think or leave an audio comment at: +1 206-666-6056.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #169 - Host: Mitch Joel.