Welcome to episode #123 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast. This could well be one of the best conversation about the Internet, culture and Marketing that there has been on this Podcast. Initially, I was anticipating a quick fifteen minute conversation with registered Wikipedia Editor and author of Wikipedia - The Missing Manual, John Broughton. Instead, what follows is over 35 minutes of conversation all about Wikipedia - the good, the bad, the ugly and the gorgeous, plus what every Marketer and Communications professional needs to know about this brilliant example of the Wisdom of Crowds and open source knowledge. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 48:46.
- Audio comment line - please send in a comment and add your voice to the audio community: +1 206-666-6056.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Facebook Group - Six Pixels of Separation Podcast Society.
- In a perfect world, I'd love for you to connect with me, directly, through my Facebook profile instead of joining the group - but, that's your call.
- Check out my other Podcast, Foreword Thinking - The Business And Motivational Book Review Podcast - sponsored by HarperCollins Canada.
- Foreword Thinking - Episode #11 featuring Michael Gerber - E-Myth Revisited and Awakening The Entrepreneur Within.
- The Best Practices In Social Media Marketing Writing Project.
- Prizes too:
- Apple iPod Shuffle – 1gb.
- Always Be Testing – Bryan Eisenberg.
- Word of Mouth Marketing – Andy Sernovitz – 4 copies.
- In conversation with John Broughton – registered editor at Wikipedia and author of Wikipedia – The Missing Manual.
- Jay Moonah - Media Driving. We are contemplating the creation of a wiki.
- Pubic Sector Marketing 2.0 - Mike Kujawski. Look for our conversation in the coming weeks.
- Wikipedia - John Broughton User Page.
- The New York Book Review of Books - The Charms of Wikipedia - Nicholson Barker.
- David Usher - 'Kill The Lights'.
Please join the conversation by sending in questions, feedback and ways to improve Six Pixels Of Separation. Please let me know what you think or leave an audio comment at: +1 206-666-6056.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Twist Image Podcast - Episode #123 - Host: Mitch Joel.