Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It's not a long segment - about 5 to 10 minutes every week - about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you're interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I'm really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Does it make sense for Tesla Motors to kill the patents and make everything open source?
- Welcome to the open source car.
- Priceline buys OpenTable for over $2 billion dollars. Just another week in the billion-dollar acquisition world.
- Is Amazon going to make YouTube videos appear in 3D with their new phone (which is coming on Wednesday)? Watch the video below.
- Swab the inside of your nose with this bluetooth enabled device and you'll know instantly if you have the flu.
- We live in Star Trek.
- App of the week: Resy (and, congrates to Gary Vaynerchuk on the launch).