Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It's not a long segment - about 5 to 10 minutes every week - about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you're interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I'm really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Heather B. is away on vacation again this week (enjoy Florida!).
- Canada has new anti-spam law going into effect tomorrow.
- It's CASL (Canadian Anti-Spam Law).
- It's full of problems, issues and challenges.
- Is this going to make email and marketing better or worse?
- Google had their massive Google i/o conference last week.
- Are we really seeing the Google-ization of everything?
- Android, Chrome and more will be a part of your computer, mobile, home, car, devices and beyond.
- Is this the end of the web browser and computer - as we have known it to date.
- Can Android topple Apple?
- Competition is actually a good thing for the consumer? Right?
- App of the week: Google Flights.