It has been quite a while since I've held an event... and it has been for many reasons (all good stuff). I am very happy to let you know that I have recently had the pleasure of being in communication with Tom Asacker and he has agreed to come to Montreal and speak.
Management Hero, Tom Peters, refers to Tom Asacker in the book Re-Imagine! as a "marketing guru." Asacker is the Author of A Clear Eye For Branding, is a world-renown speaker and an expert on branding.
Here are the details:
Tom Asacker - A Brand New World!
Thursday, November 10th
6:00 pm (come at 5:30 for networking)
Location: Montreal, Quebec (venue to be confirmed)
RSVP will be on a first come, first serve basis and I will confirm the location in the next few days. As with all of my events, every dollar collected from the entrance fee goes to charity. That being said, if you reserve a spot, it is a confirmation and the money is due (you can certainly send someone in your place if you can't make it). The event is cash only and I am not able to provide a receipt. Light snacks and beverages will be served. There will be networking, Tom's presentation and then the opportunity to ask him questions, hang out, buy his book, etc...
Here's what Tom Asacker is going to talk about:
"A Brand New World!
Are you worn out by the frenzied pace of change in our new, 'whateveryouwanttocallit' economy? Are you puzzled and aggravated by your suddenly impotent marketing and sales efforts? Do you spend sleepless nights wondering when the economy will bounce back and raise your boat (along with everyone else's)? Well, you can stop wondering. Fundamental shifts in commerce and customer psychology have permanently changed the competitive landscape for years to come.
You'll learn how to connect with an overloaded, tired and skeptical audience and you'll develop a crystal clear understanding of what's required to inform, entertain and influence in a customer-controlled marketplace."
I am very thankful to Tom for agreeing to do this. It shows not only his commitment to marketing but his dedication to helping others grow.
I am going to cap this event at around 50 people, so feel free to invite business colleagues, friends and family. I just finished reading A Clear Eye For Branding and I can't wait to hear Tom speak. Trust me, if you're involved in any aspect of marketing, branding, sales or growing your business, you do not want to miss this.
Here's a little more info on Tom Asacker:
- Tom's first book, Sandbox Wisdom, was a business book bestseller in the U.S., and was published in South Korea, India and Estonia.
- He writes regularly for both the national and business press and has provided analysis on television and radio broadcasts.
- He's advised start-up ventures and Fortune 100 companies on marketplace trends and brand development.
- He held prior management posts at G.E.
- He was a co-founder and President of a high-tech medical device company.
- He is a recipient of the George Land Innovator Of The Year Award.
- He holds medical patents and product design awards.
- He is recognized by Inc. Magazine, MIT, and the Young Entrepreneurs' Organization as a past member of their "Birthing Of Giants" entrepreneurial executive leadership program.
- He holds a degree in Economics from UNH.
- He is a founding member of the Global Brand Network.
This event will also be considered the November session of The Montreal Business Book Club.
We are very fortunate that Tom has agreed to do this. He usually speaks to much bigger groups, so please sign up right away.
For more information on Tom Asacker, please visit his website and Blog here: Tom Asacker.
You can also check out Tom in action here: Tom Asacker Video Collage (scroll down to the bottom of the page).
If you would like to come to the event, please RSVP by emailing me.