In self-promoting my upcoming full-day seminar on Social Media Marketing (more on that here: Learning About Social Media Marketing), there was a "suggested reading list" compiled at the end that is worthy of its own unique Blog post. If there is one thing that will help you navigate the ever-changing world of Digital Marketing, a good old-fashioned business book on the topic simply can't be beat. Following are the best of the best...
The Top 20 Digital Marketing Business Books (in alphabetical order):
- The Cluetrain Manifesto - Rick Levine, Christopher Locke, Doc Searls & David Weinberger.
- Crush It! - Gary Vaynerchuk.
- Groundswell - Josh Bernoff & Charlene Li.
- Here Comes Everybody - Clay Shirky.
- Life After The 30-Second Spot - Joseph Jaffe.
- The Long Tail - Chris Anderson.
- Made To Stick - Chip & Dan Heath.
- The New Community Rules - Tamar Weinberg.
- The New Influencers - Paul Gillen.
- The New Rules of Marketing & PR - David Meerman Scott.
- Purple Cow - Seth Godin.
- Tribes - Seth Godin.
- Trust Agents - Chris Brogan & Julien Smith.
- Waiting For Your Cat To Bark - Bryan & Jeffrey Eisenberg.
- Web Analytics 2.0 - Avinash Kaushik.
- Web Analytics - An Hour A Day - Avinash Kaushik.
- What Would Google Do? Jeff Jarvis.
- The Whuffie Factor - Tara Hunt.
- Wikinomics - Don Tapscott.
- Word of Mouth Marketing - Andy Sernovitz.
What's missing? What's on your list?