What would you pay to spend one full day learning all about Marketing?
There actually is a price you can put on that question (and it's a cheap one!). On Tuesday, March 2nd, 2010 at the Metro Convention Center in Toronto, there will be a very special event called, The Art Of Marketing.
Here is who you can see speak live and in-person:
- Seth Godin on Leadership and Creativity. Godin needs no introduction. He is widely regarded as one of the best business speakers in the world. He has authored multiple best-selling business and marketing books. He will also be presenting concepts from his recently released book, Linchpin (which could be one of his best books to date).
- Dan Heath on Strategy and Communications. Dan and his brother, Chip, are the authors of the amazing business book, Made To Stick (a personal favourite), and they are just about to release their sophomore effort, Switch. The Heath brothers also have a monthly column in Fast Company Magazine.
- Max Lenderman on Branding and Experiential Marketing. Lenderman has two incredible books out: Experience The Message and Brand New World. Lenderman is a founding board member of the International Experiential Marketing Association (IXMA) and is a sought-after public speaker on the subjects of strategic branding, experiential marketing and global business trends.
- Sally Hogshead on Persuasion and Influence. In her second year in advertising, Sally won more awards than any other copywriter in the U.S., and was called "the most successful junior copywriter of all time." At age 27 she opened her first ad agency when she founded the West Coast office of Crispin Porter + Bogusky in the dual role of creative director/managing director. Her first book was entitled, Radical Careering, and her soon-to-be-released second book is called, Fascinate.
- James Othmer on Advertising and Branding. Author of, Adland - Searching for the Meaning of Life on a Branded Planet, and The Futurist, Othmer has spent his professional career at the intersection of art and commerce, old and new media. As a creative director at Young & Rubicam in New York, this 20-year agency veteran creates brand narratives and award-winning commercials for some of the world's most powerful corporations.
- Mitch Joel on Digital Marketing and Social Media. Yep, that's me! (what a thrill to share the stage with friends, peers and personal mentors!). I'll be discussing my first book, Six Pixels of Separation, and sharing the concepts of, "burn the ships," the power of asking "why?" not "what?", what "know control" means in a "no control" world, and how we have become the most branded generation ever.
How much would you expect to pay for a day like this?
The good people at The Art Of Marketing wanted to make a special offer to those of you who are connected here in this community, so here's the deal: if you sign up to attend The Art Of Marketing using this link: The Art of Marketing - Mitch Joel, you will get the special rate of $349 per person of $299 per person in groups of 3 or more. You can also register on your own (without the link above) and use the promo code: TWIST (that will work too). I have no idea how the producers of this event can pull off a show like this with such a high-calibre list of speakers for only $349 a ticket (Canadian, no less), but that's your gain.
But wait... there's more!
Also, as a special promotion The Art Of Marketing will give you a free copy of Seth Godin's latest book, Linchpin, or a copy of Chip and Dan Heath's Switch (your choice!) to anybody that uses the above link (or promo code) to register before February 15th. Yes, other Blogs, websites and print publications are doing promos, but no one else is getting the free books as well.
But that's not all!
Our friends over at Random House Canada are so excited about the launch of Chip and Dan Heath's book, Switch, that they are also giving away one of the coolest new gadgets on the market: Clocky the robotic alarm clock (the story of Clocky is told in the book, Switch). How do you win a Clocky? Once you have purchased your ticket, email me proof of purchase and I'll put your name in a random draw for Clocky that will take place on February 16th.
Let's push this even further...
Twist Image (my company) is also going to personally give away a pair of tickets to the Art of Marketing with two free copies of my book, Six Pixels of Separation, (which I will personally autograph for you). To win this pair of tickets and the free books, all you have to do is leave a comment below with your thoughts on what it takes to be a great Marketer in 2010. I'll choose one winner who really exemplifies passion on February 16th and your names will be at Will Call at the Art of Marketing event on March 2nd in Toronto.
What are you waiting for? Register for The Art of Marketing here and leave your comments below.**WINNERS!!! The winner of two tickets to The Art of Marketing event is: Noah Fleming. The winner of the Clockly alarm clock is: Bill Laidlaw. Congrats to them (and thanks to everyone for taking part) **