Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It's not a long segment - about 5 to 10 minutes every week - about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you're interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I'm really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Heather B is busy partying it up on summer vacation.
- The ALS #IceBucketChallenge. Everyone is talking about it. Everyone is doing it.
- It has raised over $14 million, and there are those who says it's not good. Really?
- All businesses should pray for a campaign with this little cost/need for infrastructure, and that much success.
- Jason Becker has ALS and he is inspiring.
- Watch the documentary on Jason: Jason Becker Not Dead Yet.
- There's Ferguson and there's #Ferguson.
- Why Jack Dorsey (from Twitter and Square) went to Ferguson to take part in some peaceful protests (and yes, he tweeted it and posted some videos to Vine).
- We have a militarization of the police force.
- We, The People. We, The Media.
- Blackberry's bizarro move to make the physical keyboard on their upcoming Passport device a touchscreen too.
- App of the week: Hanx Writer (yes, an iPad app by Tom Hanks for his love of Typewriter Porn).