I will be presenting at the Canadian Institute's Leveraging Blogs For Corporate Communications conference which is taking place in Toronto next week from Monday, December 5th to Wednesday, December 7th. Leveraging Blogs For Corporate Communications is taking place at the Holiday Inn on King.
I am co-presenting with Chanchal Bhattacharya (Instructor - Department of Political Science - York University) at 2:45 pm on Monday. Our topic is: Leveraging Blogs for Cost Effective Communications Channel Alternatives.
Here is how the Canadian Institute website describes the session:
"Companies are always looking for new and interesting ways to communicate with their consumers. Blogs allow you to do everything from collecting immediate feedback on product trials to providing technical support or a source of information, to name a few.
But beware, Blogs provide a built-in archive component that allows two-way dynamic conversation to be recorded for a long period of time - providing a benefit and potential public relations challenges for companies. Also, Blogs are written in a personal voice. How do you manage to run a corporate Blog without the sign-off from the legal or HR department? This panel discussion will highlight advice, suggestions and do's and don'ts.
- Why have political activists created their own Blogs? What was the business implication and what are the challenges?
- Will Blogs help you to sell more product?
- Using Blogs for new product launches
- determining your target audience
- setting up a Blog as a discussion group
- measuring the results
- How can Blogs help you communicate directly with your different audiences?
- shareholders, employees, members, etc.
- How immediate and direct is the feedback?
- Using Blogs as an information source:
- conducting research
- listening to your customers and the market
- How do you identify what the right "voice" is for your Blog and who will be the content creator?"
I am really looking forward to also hearing the other presenters throughout the conference. I will be Blogging from the conference.
If you are interested in attending, the website is here: Canadian Institute - Leveraging Blogs For Corporate Communications Conference Website.
You can also view the full agenda here - Canadian Institute - Leveraging Blogs For Corporate Communications Conference Agenda.