The Internet really is changing everything we know about brands and building loyalty online.
- 58% of people said that having fun with a product is as important as what it does.
- 70 million of the 90 million homes in the United States that are online have broadband connection speed.
- 38% of people surveyed said they would pay more for a product that was environmentally friendlier.
- 31% said that they shop online due to the high price of gas (no need to use the car when you shop online).
- There are more PayPal accounts than Visa card holders.
- 60% percent of adults connect to the Internet at home (versus the office - which was somewhere under 10%).
- 65% percent of people said they would scale back their online shopping significantly if a tax is introduced for buying online.
Also, if you think branding your website is not important, think again. According to the Forrester Research and Shop.org survey:
44% of people only visit one website when looking to buy something online and 24% shop around to two websites. That number drops dramatically when looking at the percentage of people who dig around at three or more websites for the best price.
That was the biggest shocker.
Just when you thought the Web was all about people hunting down the best price and free shipping, they state otherwise. Companies like Amazon and Zappos have done such a great job at branding their stores online that 44% of all online shoppers go to the websites that have built-up the most trust, value and brand power to them.
Who would have thought?