Seth Godin's post, Five Things To Do Today, I though I would add an additional five things you can do today:
1. Join me at Search Engine Strategies Toronto. It's not too technical, it's not over your head and you need to better understand how search engines work, in general, because it represents what consumers are doing, thinking and want.
2. Get your own My Yahoo! Account and create your own homepage. Add all the Blog feeds, news, your own bookmarks, etc... It's your own free homepage chock full of important info whenever you need it. If you don't love the fact that you can save important files, have all of your bookmarks and all of your RSS feeds/news with you, wherever you go, I'd like to hear about it.
3. Read the book, Never Eat Alone - And Other Secrets To Success, One Relationship At A Time, by Keith Ferrazzi with Tahl Raz. I was going to suggest making three lunch meetings with different individuals, but I am only 20 pages deep into this book and it's already making lots of good sense.
4. Get a speaking engagement. It could be your local Chamber of Commerce, a peer group or even your staff but sharpen your speaking skills. Aim higher - join Toastmasters or push for a speaking gig at a major industry conference.
5. Follow these simple steps for a week:
- Say "please" and "thank you"
- Show up ten minutes before scheduled
- Do what you say... and then some
- Give generously - to everything and everyone who asks