Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It's not a long segment - about 5 to 10 minutes every week - about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you're interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I'm really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- It's Twitter's Birthday. Ten years old! I joined Twitter in February 2007. 16,000 tweets later and close to 67,000 followers, yet we're still wondering what will Twitter's future hold.
- You can find out when you joined Twitter by checking out Tw Birthday.
- How does Twitter standup against Snapchat, etc...
- Later today, Apple is holding an event. It's not the big, big one, but everything Apple always gets attention. What can we expect? As usual, we're not really sure, but the rumours are: A four-inch mini iPhone (iPhone 5SE?). Updates for the iPad Pro? Apple Watch bands? Software? We're expecting the iPhone 7 in the fall. Maybe.
- We have talked a lot in the past few weeks about virtual reality. The main issue now, is how to get these Google Cardboard-like viewers into people's hands? Well, imagine if your McDonald's Happy Meal could be converted into a virtual reality viewer? It's true. It's possible. The fast food giant is transforming its iconic boxes into foldable VR headsets. Right now, it's being tested in Sweden.
- App of the week: Sworkit.