Warning: the following blog post will be self-promotional. If you're not interested in it, please feel free to ignore it. If you have been following this blog, listening to my podcast, seen me speak live or engaged with me on many of the various social media platforms, I'm hopeful that you will keep on reading...
My second business book, CTRL ALT Delete, comes out on May 21st, 2013, but you can get a pre-release copy today.
There will be many interesting and fun marketing initiatives leading up to the launch of CTRL ALT Delete on May 21st. That being said, I was meeting with my publisher last week in New York City and we got on the topic of galley copies. Galleys are not finalized books. They are advance, uncorrected copies that are typically given to journalists who have a long lead time. They are also used to entice booksellers to sell a book. Grand Central Publishing published an extra 80 copies for me to give away to the people that matter most to me. And that, my dear friend, is you.
How to get a galley copy of CTRL ALT Delete right now.
Part of the success of any any book is how well it sells out of the gate. Most pre-orders that are made on Amazon or Barnes & Noble count as first week sales, so here's the deal: If you pre-order the book now and email me your receipt (firstname.lastname@example.org), I will have the publisher send you a galley copy of the book right away. The only stipulation I have is that you read the book and post a review of it (positive, negative or neutral) to Amazon or Barnes & Noble when you're done reading it. That's it. No strings attached. You get the advance galley copy right away and a finished, hard cover version on the release date. One more thing: if you're buying just one copy, I don't care who you buy it from. If you're going to be purchasing multiple copies, please buy the book from Barnes & Noble. Apparently, multiple copies sold on Amazon to one person will only count as one copy sold, but multiple copies sold on Barnes & Noble will each be counted as an individual sale.
Here's where you can pre-order CTRL ALT Delete right now:
Want to know more about CTRL ALT Delete?
You can read a little bit more about the book right here: CTRL ALT Delete Is My Next Book. I am also thrilled to share with you the testimonials for the new book that have been provided by some of the people I admire most in the world. I am truly honored that each remarkable individual took the time to read the new book and offered a blurb about it:
- "In CTRL ALT DELETE, Mitch Joel surveys the ways technology has transformed how brands and businesses create, connect, and adapt to a shifting new landscape. This book--and especially the five new movements he identifies that are forcing brands to reboot--is an indispensable read for a time when so much is in transition."- Arianna Huffington, president and editor-in-chief of the Huffington Post Media Group.
- "In his new book, Mitch Joel describes how you must strive to adapt, to learn, and to stay ahead of the curve online. This book will help prepare you for the future . . . now!" - Tony Hsieh, bestselling author of Delivering Happiness and CEO of Zappos.
- "Writing with his signature blend of warmth and intelligence, in CTRL ALT DELETE Mitch Joel delivers a crucial blueprint for running your business--with humane intention and razor-sharp results." - Susan Cain, author of Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking.
- "Too many brands, in their frantic effort to fashion a new business strategy, fail to build meaningful relationships with the customers they serve. Even fewer understand the new business landscape as it is (not as it once was). They need to listen to Mitch Joel. CTRL ALT DELETE is a wise and practical road map that can help you navigate today's challenging economic, social, physical, and digital landscape." - Daniel H. Pink, bestselling author of To Sell Is Human and Drive.
- "The way we work and do business is changing faster than most of us understand or can comprehend. Fortunately Mitch Joel has given us CTRL ALT DELETE, a wonderful book full of his invaluable insight to help us navigate, adapt, and survive these fundamental changes." - Dan Ariely, James B. Duke Professor of Psychology and Behavioral Economics at Duke University and bestselling author of Predictably Irrational.
- "In CTRL ALT DELETE, Mitch Joel shows us that in times of great uncertainty--like ours--flexibility, creativity, authenticity, and kindness are the keys to developing great businesses--and ourselves. His book is a wonderful guide through the new terrain." - Julie Burstein, bestselling author of Spark: How Creativity Works.
- "In a world filled with broken promises, Mitch Joel is the real deal. He lives the work he talks about, and he does it with generosity and insight." - Seth Godin, bestselling author of The Icarus Deception.
There are 80 copies of the pre-release galley copy of CTRL AL Delete up for grabs. Please help support the new book... and may thanks for all of your support.
** Just an update to let you know that the 80 galley copies have now all been accounted for! Many thanks for making this such a success. I'm hopeful to get the copies in the mail as soon as possible and look forward to seeing the book reviews. As we get closer to book launch date - May 21st, 2013 - there will be much more book launch goodness happening, so please stay tuned! **