Would you mind if this Blog post was deleted? Would you mind if your comments were deleted? Would you mind if your comments were never published?
New world. New publishing. New rules.
"Rules were meant to be broken."
"It's way too early for there to be any 'rules.'"
"There are certain rules that should never be broken."
You've probably heard one or all of those lines when it comes to Blogging. There are those that feel that there are some very clear rules when it comes to Blogging.
- Never delete a post.
- Never delete a comment.
- Always post a comment from a reader.
- Respond to every comment.
- Always link appropriately.
Then there are those Bloggers who think differently. The overall sentiment is: "my house, my rules... if you don't like them, I'm going to take my ball and go home." They work by their own set of rules.
- Not enabling comments.
- Never responding in the comment section (but letting everybody else comment at will).
- Deleting comments that they don't agree with.
- Closing comments if things don't go their way.
- Not linking out to sources or inspiration.
Some days it makes sense to follow the rules. Some days, having your own set of rules is equally acceptable.
How would you feel if a Blog post was deleted? How would you feel if your comment was deleted? How would you feel if your comment was never posted in the first place?