Every Monday morning at 7:10 am, I am a guest contributor on CHOM 97.7 FM radio broadcasting out of Montreal (home base). It's not a long segment - about 5 to 10 minutes every week - about everything that is happening in the world of technology and digital media. The good folks at CHOM 97.7 FM are posting these segments weekly to SoundCloud, if you're interested in hearing more of me blathering away. I'm really excited about this opportunity, because this is the radio station that I grew up on listening to, and it really is a fun treat to be invited to the Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. morning show. The segment is called, CTRL ALT Delete with Mitch Joel.
This week we discussed:
- Rob Kemp is sitting in for Terry DiMonte.
- Apple starts their WWDC today.
- Apple's turn to innovate.
- What's been happening with all of the advertising for mobile devices?
- Is Samsung's advertising as good as iPhone.
- Android has advanced a ton to catch up to Apple.
- Apple did acquire Beats and there's something to that deal as well.
- Amazing Kickstarter story... Reading Rainbow is back. That's awesome.
- How long should a child be on a screen?
- Put them on Khan Academy not on YouTube.
- The screen is not a babysitter.
- Play LEGO with your kids.
- Don't be down on Kickstarter when celebrities use it.
- App of the week: InstaSize.